Old 11-07-14, 12:33 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by digibud
In spite of your admonitions I'm going to suggest clipless. Cost can be limited by finding some used pedals on craigslist or ebay. Shoes are more problematical but in terms of furthering your health/endurance/cycling distance I think clipless would be a big improvement.
Perhaps I should clarify the aspect of 'cost' - I am in fortunate position of not being unduly constrained by my better half in pursuing my hobby.
On reflection the issue is also my (strange? old-fashioned?) reluctance to throw away a perfectly usable pair of platform-based cycling shoes which I have become comfortable with (like a favourite pair of jeans?) and which are not yet in 'throw-away' condition! Blame my upbringing I guess.

If I move onto a drop-bar bike I can certainly envisage clipless at that time for the reasons you indicate.

Thanks for the input