Old 11-07-14, 12:58 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jwarner
Just to add an idea for you... Why clipless or clips? ... lately I've been transitioning all my bikes, minus the fixed one, to platform BMX-style pedals.... every so often an article pops up (one that passes my science-guy muster) that shows how little power one gains by going clipless. This, plus my perception as I'm trying to achieve that perfect circle while pedaling, led me to try something different -- the BMX-style platform pedal with healthy knobs on it...
I had taken it as a given that clipless was more efficient for transmitting power - it is amazing how 'research' can challenge long held views (same in tire widths / pressures I believe).

Having no 'science-guy' credentials myself, are you able to provide any links or would you prefer I search myself?