Old 11-08-14, 10:25 AM
hypster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kickstart
I'm aware of brighter lamps for my motorcycle, but as with my bike, I'm unwilling to use those brighter but poorly engineered, and illegal lamps for "better" lighting that comes at the expense of others safety.
I'm sceptical about those claims of dazzling oncoming drivers and jeopardising safety. There's plenty of drivers here in the UK who "forget" to dip their headlights on the country roads where I live, and they are a lot more prevalent than cyclists with dazzling lights. In town on lit roads maybe there's no excuse for it but in the country I'd rather stay safe and see where I am going because there are potholes here that can swallow a bike whole!

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not inured to the problems of dazzling oncoming drivers which is why I bought this light in the first place. I build my own lights and wanted to investigate the technology involved in producing the vertical cut-off beam. If I could build something along the lines of the B&M Ixon IQ Premium with three times the output but in an aluminium case to handle the heat dissipation, then I would be sorted I think.

Last edited by hypster; 11-08-14 at 10:35 AM.