Old 11-16-14, 12:37 PM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
One or both of those top caps should be adjustable . Just turn them + as far as they will go, and back off a quarter/half turn.
Okay...it's official....there is no pre-load adjustment on these forks...technically...and the only "caps" present on top are plastic covers that just appear to be hood ornaments to blend into the shape of the lower triple...these forks are the Suntour Nex DS-700C-63...pretty much their low line "City" forks but guess what?...I'm still impressed!

Then again this being my first ever front suspended bike?..that might be an easy thing to do..(impressing me)...but still?...they must've done a great job because I don't think this bike exhibits 1mm worth of "Static Sag" (although it does have close to that)...and?...they'll suit my most aggressive riding needs...where the extremes will be small potholes, clumpy grass trails and a little curb jumping here and there and besides?...despite my best efforts?...my 210lbs was unable to bottom them out so...they're fine by me!

But thanks for looking out for my new too this sort of gear self!