Old 11-16-14, 07:01 PM
MrCoffee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbattle View Post
The Jamis looks very versatile; well suited for riding around town. It can handle fenders, racks, and wider tires.

I'd first want to ride that Charge before buying it; "straight gauge steel tubing" could be a very dead feeling ride.

The Giant Defy is a very popular bike, aluminum frame/fork versus the steel of the Jamis. Ride these bikes before you decide.
Strait gauge steel tubing. Nothing wrong with it, but I test rode a Specialized Sirrus with an aluminum fork last Summer. The only thing I had against the Sirrus was the shift levers. Otherwise, it handled and rode just as well as any steel bike I've been on. I guess some folks can feel the difference, others can't. Either way, I would pick mine from a local shop that's been in business for a while if possible. Giant seems like the best bet because of its huge distribution network. If you need something fixed under warranty, you don't have to box the whole thing up and ship it back. Things may be different if you are mechanically inclined and like to do you own tune ups and maintenance.