Old 11-17-14, 12:55 PM
dmooredesign

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zymphad View Post
Giant Defy with a carbon fork. What's the price on that?

For your downtown outings, I'd think a Jamis be less likely to be stolen than the Giant Defy, if that matters.

I think the Charge's disc brakes for urban cycling would be useful. The increase braking power for negligent drivers or when a pedestrian unpredictably crosses in front of you etc. My experience, I'm braking more frequently in the city than in rural areas. Especially downtown, lots lots of braking.
- The one accident I had was downtown city when a Taxi made an illegal right turn in front of me and I couldn't brake fast enough. I wonder if disc brakes could have made a difference?
I believe the carbon fork defy is right around 1k. I test rode that one too. It's hard to really feel the difference on a test ride. I really like the surly cross check and long haul trucker but they are a little too pricy for me, so I feel like the quest and the charge are closer to those types of bikes. The main thing that draws me to the defy is the cheaper price, the looks, and it's at the closest LBS to my house.