JohnnyRides

Bikes: 2012 Trek 7.3 FX 2013 Giant Revel 0 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TallTravel View Post
So? How'd your first real ride go?
The ride this past Sunday was an interesting one. My first ride when it was mostly wet, muddy, and leafy. Had to be careful and well balanced in some spots but overall the bike was GREAT....as expected! The Maxxis Ardent tires unfortunately held onto the mud way too much and it was difficult to extract. The bike handled very well and was clearly much easier on the old bones. The biggest difference I can tell here at the early onset is how much easier it was to climb in some areas that were much tougher to handle before. This spot was one with a few short drops and climbs though so there was no real test of longer ascents and downhill. Trying to get to a place more attuned to that stuff this coming weekend but the weather has gotten much colder right after a big rain so there's got to be lots of ice and very hard ground out there. Gotta do it though so I get to learn and experience all different conditions. Not all can be a nice 60 degree sunny day in September.

i ordered new Conti Trail King Protection 2.4 tires for better grip and mud extraction but won't have them in time for this coming weekend.

Last edited by JohnnyRides; 11-19-14 at 06:10 AM.