Old 11-24-14, 06:33 PM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whelp?...I messed up..and with me swapping out the stem to get stretched out and use my romin evo RB saddle?...kicked my chicken legged azz in an hour long 11 mile ride.....

&action_type_map=[%22fitness.bikes%22]&action_ref_map=[]]Rode 10.87 mi on 11/20/2014 on 11/20/2014 | RUNNING Training Log Entry | MapMyRun

I don't know if it was the frame geometry not taking kindly to a very near RB set-up or what but wound up with aching shoulders and knees that burned for a few days afterwards...so the short 50deg. stem went back on which in turn dictated that the aggressively scuplted romin evo saddle be replaced which I did today swinging by the LBS for a "Specialized Toupe Comp Gel" which made a dramatic improvement taking the bike back to normal hybrid ergos and IN COMFORT!

Here's what the Toupe Comp Gel looks like against my Croasstrail Disc's original Targa saddle...take note how much more thigh room is available and how the edges of the Toupe have nice soft sweeping radius edges...which led to gobs of thigh room when pedaling and zero chaff points (even in thin walking shorts)....

The Toupe Comp Gel also offers up a far more broader and flatter sit-bone surface to give my butt more support in the more upright riding position...here it is compared to my Romin Evo (which is now back on my Giant OCR3 RB where it belongs) and yes...they are both size "155"...

Now if your bag is shagging through the rough stuff constantly?...I would recommend a more structurally substantial saddle...but if you just use your hybrid to cross a few miles of the nastys to seek out and get back on smooth roads and pull some serious miles in comfort?...this Specialized Toupe Comp Gel Rox for that!...I'm super pleased with it!

Just figured I'd give y'all an update...Ride Safe and L8R, Bill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
toupe1.jpg (45.3 KB, 18 views)
toupe2.jpg (41.1 KB, 15 views)
toupe3.jpg (47.4 KB, 15 views)
toupe4.jpg (38.9 KB, 17 views)