Old 11-26-14, 08:45 AM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Funduro
Yup, I removed that plastic saucer thingy with two cuts apposite each other and here is the result. Couldn't stand the cheap look of it. Buh bye.
OP: I can't count the number of times I have put them back on peoples' bikes along with the repair/rebuild they came in for...

It typically goes like this:

ME: So that comes to $175 for new rear wheel parts and labor to build, $80 for a new derailleur, $40 for a new chain, $40 for a new handle bar, $60 for a new set of brake levers, $7 (QBP) for a new dork disk, etc...
ME: Say, didn't this bike come with a little dork disk on the rear wheel to keep your chain and the shifter out of spokes?
HIM: Oh yeah it did, I had a buddy take it off because he said it was only for dorks.
ME: Was you "friend" there to give you a ride back to the shop to get your bike fixed?
HIM: Well no... he didn't see me crash so he is probably still finishing up the tour...
ME: Is your friend helping you pay to have your bike fixed ...you know for all the damage that would have been prevented by having a dork disk on your rear wheel...
HIM: Ah no on that also...

Repeat about 100 times over the years!

/K