Old 11-28-14, 02:51 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by steenafish
Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to biking and I live in San Diego... which means I dont ever really bike in the cold. I am doing my first Century in a place that will be quite chilly. I was wondering what kind of gear that I would need. I know there are lots of different things out there including sleeves and thermal gear, a lot of things dont have reviews on them so Im lost on what to buy. I will be riding the Solvang Century in March, lots of hills and crisp cool air.

Thanks for the help!
FYI see this thread, Your clothing choices for various temps from the Road Cycling Forum. In my post and others, we suggest various apparel to wear at various temperatures. My levels of dress are in 10 to 15 degree decrements from >70 degrees F to <20 degrees. I need to revise my schedule downwards though since I bought a warmer fleece and warmer winter jacket, but I doubt you will get that cold, What are your expected temperatures?

BTW, I happened to have that old thread handy since I just today posted about it in another thread on the Winter Cycling Forum, ”What to wear and how for winter.“