Thread: Bibs ?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-14, 09:09 AM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
FWIW, I wear L shirts, sometimes M will work. Depends on the brand and style. I've been wearing bibs since 2004. "Once you try them you'll never go back to shorts."
Bib sizing is based on height more than weight or waist size. I've tried bibs that fit in the waist but were kinda short. So I determined long ago that XL is the best choice for me. I have now or in the past had De Marchi (my favorites), PI, Endura, Etxe Ondo, Voler and one or two others I can't remember. I've tried "cheap" bibs but they never fit or seem comfortable.
Good luck with them.

Oh, and stay away from Sports Authority, Dicks, Wallyworld, etc when get anything bicycle related. Either shop at your LBS or go to one of the many reliable online sites. If you need help finding them let us know. I can give you several dozen.
Thanks Ron and yeah...I sense that about the bibs vs shorts (for me) and agreed...my future gear will not be coming from SA.

I haven't even pedaled a stroke this 4 day weekend and I was planning to do a bunch of riding but?...my wife's father passed away weekend before last and the family emotions, tensions and ugliness struck on my first day off....wound up walking out of thanksgiving dinner at my oldest daughters house over her other 1/2 coming at me sideways over unrelated dumb stuff...where I left my entire family behind (including my near 80 parents) and left while I could still speak in a calm controlled voice as he followed me out the door too my truck screaming expletives...and I've been in a funk ever since...worse yet?...today is my Fathers 79th Birthday...which was already pre-arranged to be held...guess where..(the oldest daughters house)..where under the circumstances?...I dare not go....to celebrate my own fathers Birthday...yet my parents called me a couple hours after that event to tell me how proud they were of how I handled things...by just getting up and walking out...it's he11 having one extremely dis-functional family member who uses their kids to rip families apart during holidays after a death...so I've been in a state of depression ever since and when that happens to me?...it's shutdown time and I isolate with zero energy or desire to do anything but?...

Thank God for you folks!

A member here PM'ed me that he has a pair of size L Castelli bibs he wore like 4 times but the shoulder straps are too long for him which sound perfect for me so he's shipping them out to me tomorrow...the one bright spot in my otherwise dismal 4 day holiday weekend.

And now?...I'm praying hard and doing my best to muster up the energy to make it to the 11:15 church service because I flat out missed to 9:00am one...being in a funk destroys me...again Thank God for you Folks!