Old 12-03-14, 11:34 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerv View Post
I often recall how BF played such a vital part in getting me out on the street and in better health.

I started riding to work in 2005 and I can honestly say it would have been much harder -- if not impossible -- without Bike Forums.

The Commuting forum was so full of great information on putting a commute together. Worth several years experience. Later on , Winter Cycling got me riding over ice and snow. If I needed some information, it was almost always there.

But LCF was my favorite. It got my imagination working overtime... how things could be!

What about you? What role did BF play in getting you out on two wheels?
BF played a big role for me. I searched the web for information before I even resumed cycling about 12 years ago. BF was one of the first sites I stumbled across. I learned how to ride safely in an auto-centric world, and was inspired not to feel like a second class citizen. There were many important practical lessons too, like learning to use lights on my bike, maintenance, and how to select a good used bike and save hundreds of dollars.

LCF is where I found a community of people who might disagree about a lot of details, but who shared a basic dream of a better way to get around in this big bad world.
[HR][/HR]

ETA: I notice that I put that last paragraph in the past tense. I hope that's incorrect!

"Think Outside the Cage"