Old 12-09-14, 10:04 AM
Erick L
Lentement mais sûrement

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did a trip from Victoria to Port Renfrew then had my bike carried by boat to Bamfield while I hiked the West Coast Trail. There's a road connecting the two towns but I've been told it was off limits because it's on a reserve. I'm not convinced it's true though. The Cowichan Lake road looks nice and quiet. From Bamfield, I took a naval shuttle to Port Alberny, then rode to Tofino and Ucluelet and took the shuttle again to Port Alberny. Then I rode east and north to Courtenay, across to Powell River and down the Sunshine Coast to Vancouver. It's a beautiful trip. The eastern part of the island was the least interesting part IMO. I'm pretty you can ride from Port Alberny to Courtenay via Comox Lake.

Riding on Long Beach was awesome! Pacific rim park has some nice hiker/biker sites. Another highlight was a little trail about 35-40km east of the island's west coast. I wanted to take a break from the raod noise so I walked the trail. Then I found a spot with Sockeye salmon in the river. I was waiting out a storm under a tree when a bear came out of the woods to fish. Another great spot was Porpoise Bay park on the Sunshine Coast They had cheaper biker sites with bear boxes and a little creek teaming with salmon and a couple of bears fishing. I couldn't get a picture though. Great spot to stay at before getting back into Vancouver.