Old 12-16-14, 01:57 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by roadboy97
-I am hoping to attract the attention of a dev team/ junior squad / u23 squad(any tips are appreciated)
At U18 you are in a difficult spot to attract any junior teams recruiting riders (they seek you and give you stuff to use) on next year's performance. There are a number of junior teams that would take a U18 rider, just that I don't see much advantage to you. Also many areas U18 are quite a bit faster than Cat 4 and Cat 3 races. Your idea of racing category is what you should do. U23 racing is category racing outside nationals.
You have right now what most adults don't. A ton of legal T hormones running through you. Those work best with maximum sleep. That is what Alan Lim says. Add to that weights and building muscle as you sleep. Or in other words don't be like the typical cut sleep short teen and look at sleep as training. Aim for 10 hours a day of sleep. Then get base miles. I don't know Texas U 23 teams, but most SoCal ones would want you to be a Cat 2. So work on your racing category and upgrading and learning the craft. And sleep.

Last edited by Doge; 12-17-14 at 10:45 AM.