Thread: Liars at LBS
View Single Post
Old 10-28-05, 10:13 PM
b-ride
crazy keeper

Bikes: Concorde Track bike, Cramerotti Track bike, Brodie Unibomber, Concorde Road bike, Concorde Time Trial, Babboe City Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
not so much about liars, but there's a shop here in vancouver called la bicicletta, which is like a major roadie shop, but they're not bad for little stuff like seatpost bolts and quill stem parts and the like. anyhow, i just recently bent the fork on my work bike and i went in there last saturday to see what they had price-wise for forks. so i went in and asked what they had (cause they didn't have any on display). so this one girl that works there asked me if i wanted carbon and i was like no, that's cool, i just want something decent that's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg. then she asked if i needed threaded or non and i told her that i didn't care cause i needed a new headset anyways. so then this other dude butts in and starts asking what size my headtube is. well, sheeeit, i didn't measure that shiit. so i'm like i dunno, i got a 56 cm track frame. he's like, well, we need to know what size cause if you need a threaded fork, there's different amounts of threads. i'm just, dude, i don't care if the fork is threaded or not. just show me something with a long steerer tube. so he kinda grudgingly got up and started making his way to the back and i said, you know what? i'm in a rush, don't worry about it and took off. ****ing roadies and they goddam measurments.

so then i went to the other roadie store, campione, and talked to this dutch dude who was 5 times national 'drome champ and he goes to the back and pulls out this steel fork from a basso and showed it to me and said this should probably work, after i told him i was riding a 56. he was so much more accomodating and just pleasant to deal with. he'd said he'd sell it to me for 50 bucks, but i'd have to come to him for the deal cause it was his fork.

in the end i just went to my buddy's shop and went throught the catalogues and found something i liked, but i think i'm done with la bicicletta. they have a shiitty attitude there.

b

ps- the head tube is 15.5 cms. (that's 6 inches for you yanks)