Old 12-25-14, 09:49 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
... Fortunately... we aren't looking at as huge some of money. There is a bunch of entertainment value in a bicycle like that. And there are LOTS more bicycle out there. If you have the time to shop around.. there will be others.
Originally Posted by Emperor Ryker
....... Well, this is a huge sum of money for me, actually. And I'd use the bike to try out road cycling. I'd also commute with it, but for purposes of commuting $600 is way too much. So it really would be to try out the sport of road cycling....
I am sorry... I didn't mean to imply that any amount of money is ever trivial.

Getting to work on time and without exception is a big deal. I wouldn't scrimp on a dependable hunk of reliable transportation. Heck... a tank of gas costs me $100..... with recent drops in price maybe less than $70. And the cost of a car.... or even just car insurance? But you see my point.

Sports ain't cheap! If you want exercise... you can often find an exercise bike free for picking up on CL. And cycling cost less than many sports... but it isn't free.... and maybe not even cheap. But you can spend less than the bicycle you looked at.... if price is the major or only consideration.

If you shop carefully... your bicycle purchase will be an investment. If you don't like the bike (or cycling) you can resell the bicycle. Even if you lose a few bucks... you normally won't lose it all.