Old 12-29-14, 02:29 PM
yankeefan

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarwheel
I see very few other bike commuters in my city, most them when I get downtown. I've got no complaints, I just wish there were more of us.

However, I've been riding on bike paths or MUTs a lot lately on weekends and days off, where I encounter a lot of other cyclists. The main things that bug me about other cyclists on MUTs include:
- Cyclists who ride side-by-side and block the entire path
- Cyclists who ride listening to music, block the path and don't react when you ring your bell or say "on your left"
- Cyclists who ride with strobing headlights on paths
- Wannabe racers who pass closely on bike paths without announcing their presence, ringing a bell, etc.
- Wannabe racers who ride too fast for conditions on paths that are crowded with walkers, runners, kids on bikes, slower cyclists, etc.
- Cyclists who stop in the middle of paths to chat, check their gear or whatever, with little regard for others trying to ride on the path
I haven't had this problem lately, but this usually happens a lot during the warmer months when a lot of inexperienced cyclists crowd the MUPs/bike lanes. They stop suddenly without signalling their intention to stop, completely oblivious that other cyclist behind them were not anticipating a stop. I pretty much have the same gripes for everything else on your list