Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Hi Azreal911,

Thanks for your comments.

Correction to my previous comment:

I bought my SR Swift from the USA website, not the Canadian one.

http://solorock.us/collections/front...l-folding-bike

The frame is indeed hi-ten and it's almost over engineered, but that's great for durability. It's not light, but it's strong.

This evening, I just got back from my first grocery run on it, and was able to pay more attention to the ride quality. It feels very stable like a larger bike. In fact, the 20 inch Greenzone VE I owned until recently was actually "twitchier" than the SR Swift with its smaller 16 inch wheels. I like it a lot!

As for the stock gearing, I am happy with it for now. The pedaling effort is very easy. One very quick and inexpensive upgrade to get a higher top gear without sacrificing the lower end, is to install a seven speed, 11-28 freewheel. There are many sources available to buy one.

And yes, I will reiterate that taking a bike bought online or through the mail to a bike mechanic, will improve the performance, durability, and riding enjoyment. A win, win!

Edward

Originally Posted by Azreal911
I also would not expect it to be any lighter than that for the price they sell them for, if it was light I would really question the strength and durability of that folding bike because something would be sacrificed for sure at that price range. It's hi tensile steel so it should be pretty good and forgiving, just heavy. we have one in our neck of the woods selling solo rocks also:

SOLOROCK 16" 7 Speed Upgraded Steel Folding Bike - Swift - Xmas Special :: Folding Bike,Electric Bike,Toronto ON Canada

for the price I would really like to slap on some big apples to make the ride really nice and change out to a bigger chain ring which I think doesn't look like you can just swap out without the entire crank set. But I would like to hear more from edwong on the long term use and ride quality on this. He did the right thing taking it in to a bike store to "tune up" unlike alot of others that just ride right out of the box and complain about the parts not fitting and shifting correctly.

Last edited by edwong3; 12-29-14 at 06:38 PM.