View Single Post
Old 12-30-14, 11:04 AM
TheMaestro

Bikes: Masi, Pinerallo, Cinelli, Raleigh, Peugeot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a little late to the dance on this one but I've been suffering from exercised educed migraines for years. To this day when I play hockey I have to take 2 Advil liquid-gels before I even get on the ice. Sometimes lifting/working out can trigger them too. Especially with movements of fast rushes of blood to my head, or extremely intense cardio. It's all blood and capillary expansion related. I know for me dehydration, stress, a booze bender etc can trigger it. The aura, the pain etc.. but I swear the fix is 2 or 3 Advil Liquid Gels as soon as the first sign hits and crush a can of regular Coke as fast as you can. The liquid gels get in your system WAY faster than regular and the Coke (caffine) opens the capillaries that are constricted causing the pain. I'm far from a doctor but athletically these things have been killing me for years and I swear if you try that 'fix' asap as it hit, lay in a dark room/eyes closed, you can kick the aura in a half hr/45 mins. You get the residual head ache but personally I can live with pain, it's the vision that kills me. Hope this helps you or someone reading.