Big Lew
Fraser Valley Dave

Bikes: devinci monaco (upgraded)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Louis Le Tour View Post
I'm always amazed at how easy it is for some people to impugn the integrity of others.
If I were to be living down your way, or other areas that don't normally see or deal with wolves, I wouldn't have made my comments.
That's not the case though. I live on the edge of healthy wolf populations, in fact, there are too many to the point that our herbivores
are suffering and our cattle ranchers are losing stock. I have seen many wolves, have had them very near my camps on several occasions, witnessed just how persistent and fast they can be, had a sizable pack serenade me while I was tenting on my bicycle ride on the Alaskan Hwy. and had a black one sit down on the shoulder of that same hwy and watch us cycle by.
I stand by what I implied....if the incident happened, either the wolf wasn't fully healthy or wasn't sure of himself so didn't pursue full out at top speed. When someone is terribly scared and full of 'fight or flight' adrenaline, it's very easy to strongly believe the worst and relate the
events in exaggerated form. I don't find it hard to believe that he was frightened to the point of panic, especially when trying to get into the RV unit, and I have no reason to doubt that the animal ripped away at his panniers on his ditched bike. I've seen bears do the same.