View Single Post
Old 01-08-15, 07:03 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by StephenH
I just don't care too much for the "Hall of Fame" concept. If you're already "Famous", you don't need it, you know? A "Hall of Underappreciated People" would be of more benefit.

I've been on here for 7 years now, it looks like. You've listed 9 people. I don't recall ever seeing the screennames for 7 of them, if that helps. Obviously, they must be big in different forums from what I check. I don't see anyone from the Road forum in the list, but I'm thinking that's the most active one here.

Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
Me Thinks it is Very Cold in Boston.

Very Few members post and read all of the many forums.

There are great posters in each of them.
You can read some of the Forums all of the time;
And you can read all of the Forums some of the time;
But you can’t read all of the Forums all of the time.

Thanks for your replies. I have quoted a memorable post by Stephen H to the thread, ”When does Hardcore become Stupid?” re Winter Cycling on several occasions, including just this morning. I haven’t read the Road Forum for a couple years now because indeed it is the most active, and hard to keep up with along with my other Forums of interest. I remember pcad was a very frequent poster, but more for humor than information. I recall reading Banerjek (?spelling) a lot, and there was a real hardcore roadie whom I think was banned, but I forget his name.

I just scrolled down a few current pages on the Road Forum, and while I recognized a few names from other Forums, I did not see any standout names from the old days.

I would consider 10 Wheels as another inductee into the HOF based on the mileage and centuries he reports, and the expertise he renders in his laconic style.

Originally Posted by KenshiBiker
I have to admit, I don't read that many of the subfora. I do agree with TSL for all things winter-cycling related, and qcpmsame and DnvrFox for the 50+ bunch. If I were to nominate a couple of folks it would be FBinNY and Andrew Stewart in the Bicycle Mechanics group. I'm probably overlooking a couple of people, so I'll try to remember to edit this as I recall their names.

Originally Posted by Dfrost
RobbieTunes in C&V
FBinNY
I read FBinNY often in the Commuter, and (?) Fifty-Plus Forums and respect his opinions, so I would agree. I don’t read C&V, but I know of jimmuller of C&V, and have seen pictures of his collection; and he also rides with various C&V groups. Is he a candidate, Dfrost?