Old 01-16-15, 10:25 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sloar
I am that guy, but I don't think I ruin bikes, I just buy them, ride them, and get bored and want the next best thing. I really enjoy finding bikes, bringing them back to life. Problem is, I always find another one that I can't live without, so I have to sell one to buy one. I don't get attached to bikes, after all they are just bikes. When I get them, I swear I will never sell it, but, I always do. Its how I roll!
This is my MO, to a T.

I've got room for 5 bikes in my garage. If something different catches my eye, I have to get rid of one to make room for the new one. I like to find nice used frames and fix them up. Sometimes they are keepers and I'll ride them for years. Other times they don't fit right or I just don't like the way they ride, so I replace them. With the bikes I end up keeping, I occasionally upgrade components or just switch the bar tape and saddles for a different look. I have one old Italian frame that I originally built up as a commuter, then changed it to single speed with bullhorns, then switched to a 9-speed with single crank, and ultimately turned back into a road bike with drop bars and double crank. I don't think it was degraded in any of its iterations, and I've owned that frame longer than any in my current stable.

Last edited by tarwheel; 01-16-15 at 10:33 AM.