Thread: Di2 advice
View Single Post
Old 01-18-15, 10:14 PM
trailflow1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 17 Posts
First, most importantly. Your wheels need to be compatible. Are you currently using 11 speed wheels and 11 speed cassette ? i assume you are.

No its not that bad having extra cable, Its far better than being too short. It will be fine.

You are correct on the numbers. They were wrong. The front derailleur should be 300/350mm, and the internal battery cable 400/450mm.

As you are going External its best to ignore my cable length estimate for the battery. I am not sure exactly what the
external length should be. I dont have any experience of that set up. Im guessing it would be 300/350mm.

Is it safe to say that it can be put anywhere on the bike
Pretty much. Yes. Another thing to include. Depending on which option you choose from the drop down menu on the link. You may not have to buy '2' 350mm e-tube shifter cables.

If you choose the 'EW67A-E' from the menu. This is a junction box 'A' and shift cables in one. Already attached.

If you choose 'EW90-A' from the menu. You will need to buy '2' 350mm e-tube shifter cables

or if you choose 'EW90-B' from the menu. This junction box comes with 2 extra ports for adding satalite shifters to time trial bars. You will need to buy '2' 350mm e-tube shifter cables.

(Junction box A or B also have charge port's for internal batterys. They still work fine with External set ups)

Another possible option you have (though i cannot confirm it will work) since you say you can't attach the bottom bracket 'Junction SM-JC40' to your bike. Is to replace it with the much smaller 'Junction SM-JC41'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Ultegra_Di2_FrontWireKit.jpg (63.0 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by trailflow1; 01-18-15 at 11:55 PM.