View Single Post
Old 01-19-15, 05:04 PM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake View Post
That is a highly ambitious price in any case...and if my memory serves (which it may not), some of the Witcomb usa bikes came in from the UK.
That seems highly unlikely, but I am not saying I don't believe it. I'd like to know more information though. The two are readily identifiable however as you they always have the sticker. I owned a UK model briefly (not my size or I'd probably still have it) and they all had the same made in the UK decal on them. The craftsmanship of the UK shop is top notch, I wouldn't lick an witcomb out of the shed whatever side of the pond it's from.

Interestingly, the Whitcomb UK I had has was basically the same as this. Campy dropouts, one set of eyelets, same lugs AND it had black first gen DA hubs (high flange) laced to 27" hoops and superbe brakes I think. many other parts were missing. It did not have the brazed on plate which I assume is for a pletscher rack.

Last edited by cyclotoine; 01-19-15 at 05:11 PM.