Old 01-24-15, 11:05 PM
bellweatherman

Bikes: Too many to count

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by FBinNY
There comes a time that you have to fish or cut bait.

The odds GREATLY favor the Formula hub having 10 & 9mm axles rear and front. You know the hardware has to be made for that thread, since doing it any other way would add all sorts of unnecessary complications. So it either has threaded cones, or a threaded adapter to support the inner race of a cartridge bearing. Either is the sam for your purposes.

So the only glitch might be if there is some kind of shoulder that is part of the axle. My educated guess is that it would be very unlikely because it would add to the expense of producing the axle and hub, and there are easier and cheaper ways to locate the bearings.

So, you have to decide whether to act on the information you have and go forward with the risk that there's an unforeseen issue, be Hamlet and wait and wonder until you either give up, or bite the bullet after all.

Thanks FBinNY. Good advice. I think you're right. I am going to go for it and get the Formula rear track hub with the solid axle. I'm going to take it apart and hope that it's just a standard 10mm axle without any type of integrated shoulder. If it goes well, then I can then just replace that solid axle with a 10mm standard Shimano hollow axle so I can use a quick release. Got my fingers crossed on this... Thanks for the help.