View Single Post
Old 01-27-15, 09:08 AM
Buffalo Buff

Bikes: 2015 synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm currently with two different girls that are both OK with me being car free. I found as long as you're upfront about it, most of them don't mind. Some might initially think that you're poor, broke, etc., and that can turn some of them away. For me it was choice. I have an infiniti I could be driving, but I enjoy life more when I commute by bike. They understand that, and they actually have learned to like it.

Neither of them are bikers, and I didn't meet them through any sort of bike related group or activity.

It helps that they both drive, and I live somewhere with fair weather year round. One lives 13 miles away, the other about 20. So a typical date is them driving over here and spending the night, or I ride out to their place and spend the night. That or sometimes when I'm planning to ride all day, I'll make plans to meet up somewhere for lunch.

If you make a point to let your potential partner know you're willing to come to them and that you don't expect them to be a chauffeur, that helps too.

Don't know if this is the info you're looking for. Sorry, but I didn't ask either girl out with any mention of bicycles. Biking is a hobby of mine that happens to be my main method of transportation, it's not a defining aspect of my personality.

Plus, girls dig guys that are in shape. They also say my ass looks great in spandex