Old 10-31-05, 09:54 PM
supcom
You need a new bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LTH2009
Because I have so much experience I wanted to create a website devoted to everything you need to know about cycling.
Tall order considering that we can't even agree on the best chain lube around here. When do you expect to have the section on optimum frame geometries for different cycling applications up?

I remember when I first started riding I looked all over the internet for information, and never could find one site that answered all my question.
Have you looked over www.sheldonbrown.com?

It is a work in progress and will be totally up and ****ional by the end of november. Information will constantly be added.
I guess bikeforums.com can start shutting down in December.

P.S. I can make websites for you if you wish..let me know
You might try making websites that work with something other than Internet Deplorable.

OK, so I'm sniping a bit. But you seem to make some pretty big claims and have pretty little so far to show for it. I think to produce a comprehensive website on cycling win the space of a year, let alone a month, would be a pretty significant accomplishment. Maybe you have it in you, but if the following from your website is an example...

"1. Glasses protect your eyes from wind, sun, and small objects as you are riding. I would recommend shatter proof ones such as Oakleys. Glasses are not too important for riding, but can be a great accessory."

...then I recommend you put the website on hold for a while until you get your content written and vetted out. By the way, why would something that protects your eyes from small objects be 'not too important for riding'? Why did you recommend Oakleys in one sentence, then state that glasses are inexpensive? Your budget must be slightly higher than mine.