Old 02-03-15, 04:53 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by cali_axela
Just started getting into track racing this year, and had my first event this weekend at the Carson velodrome with LAVRA. I attempted the 1k and the 4k. Went out way too hard in the 1k and couldn't keep it up for the final lap at all, had to totally let up... frustrating. But, kept a perfect schedule in the 4k -- not fast compared to real racers, but hit exactly what I was aiming for personally, so pretty happy about that. Such a fun experience racing in a fancy olympic velodrome like that, way nicer than our local one. I'll definitely be back for more.
Just started getting into track racing this year, and had my first event this weekend at the Carson velodrome with LAVRA. I attempted the 1k and the 4k.
Congrats and welcome to the sport!

Went out way too hard in the 1k and couldn't keep it up for the final lap at all, had to totally let up... frustrating.
And wecome to the Kilo :]

There is no such thing as going out too hard in a Kilo. The common method to riding a kilo is to go all-out 100% from the beginning and hang on for dear life. It's normal to feel like you could walk faster than you are riding during your final lap. Don't let up. You are going faster than you think. It's OK to feel like you are wobbling like a drunk riding home from a pub. Even the best do it.

I'll definitely be back for more.
Awesome!