View Single Post
Old 11-01-05, 07:32 PM
bluyak
Roadie

Bikes: 2006 Orbea Vuelta, 2003 Trek 4300, 1999 Trek 2100. 1987 Centurion Lemans RS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reply to Corcis

I roll with stock Rolf Vector 18F 20R wheelset. Properly tuned spokes, good tires, and innertubes are the trick. I use Maxxis and Panaracer tires, 700x25. The best innertubes I've used are Continental Race 28. If you dont know how to true your tires, learn. Being able to touch them up on the road can save your spokes. If you do your own wheel maintenance. Follow normal tire maintenance. On rides check you wheels when your at the halfway point. I use Pedro's Ice wax on my chain. I wax it before every ride. Remove all extra lub. Remember lub is for the chain only. Never put lub on the cassette or chain rings. Keep those clean. Use a teflon dry lub on the the shifters. Keep them clean to not atrack dirt. Have the BB, headtube, and axle bearings checked once a year. We stress the hell out of moving parts. Keeping clean and properly lubed prevents failures. I'm 260# and the Rolf's with 18-20's are proof that proper maintenance is the key to keep rolling not spoke count.

Last edited by bluyak; 11-01-05 at 07:38 PM.