View Single Post
Old 02-16-15, 11:13 PM
rtr1513

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
The key to confirming alignment is to establish the central plane and confirm that the saddle, wheels and steering axis all sit in it. This us usually and most reliably done by bolting the frame parallel to a table and measuring to all key points, while confirming that the axles are perpendicular and correctly centered.

I don't know where you live, but if there's a local builder with frame table, that's where to go. Sorry, but a photo simply doesn't cut it.

BTW- if all you want is to confirm that you don't need to cant the bike to either side when riding, you can do that with a square and bubble level but you need to be patient and make many observations over time because the bike moves under you. If the bike is off you'll see a pattern of readings off to one side more than to the other.
Thank you for your quick comment! Actually I did a long observation for a few months on this and spotted angle difference between head tube angle and seat tube angle. Using smartphone level app, I can confirm that there is one degree left-right angle difference between head tube and seat tube(literally on top of those tubes-just frame). Also I can see that difference when the frame is fully equipped. In this condition, I can see that seatpost is going up to left side. I also uploaded three photos which I took the other day. Actually, there is no framebuilder near my city so I asked for some opinion for this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
full.jpg (86.0 KB, 56 views)
front.jpg (98.0 KB, 47 views)
rear.jpg (96.0 KB, 53 views)