Thread: Hi all!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-15, 03:31 PM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all!

Hi all,
I think I have posted here maybe once or twice, but never really introduced myself. So, I have had a mountain bike for about a year now (lower end Cannondale) and have slowly buy surely getting into the sport. By no means am I fantastic (or consistent - I road bike and bike commute as well).

Pretty decent bike for being at the bottom of the line up (The frame is pretty great, the rest of it leaves some areas to be desired). Lately I have been thinking of trying out a FS bike. So, I found a Proflex frame on the Craigslist with a bunch of parts for not very much money.

Not everything is there, but I have access to a bunch of parts and have been finding pretty good deals. It won't be built up as original (I am not spending the money a Girvin fork would make me shell out). The rear shock no longer has elastomers - it has been replaced with a spring. I have a Manitou Mars Super coming in for the front. The rest of it is honestly going to be a bit of a Frankenbike. But I figure it is a relatively inexpensive way to try it and see how much I like it.