Thread: Hi all!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-15, 09:02 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by osco53 View Post
Rideable it will be, a great experience,, yeah Id do it...
A 16 year old lower end full suspension will be fun but don't judge modern full suspension bikes by riding that one.
Don't take it down black diamond trails unless you got a pretty full bag-o-tricks mixed in with some real experience in your pocket...

Put It together and go for a ride !

Remember, your Cannondale is a very capable bike by design...

You build up any real speed going down a hill and It gets bumpy that back,,shock err spring will pop you up and over the handle bars...
Thanks all! We don't have any really crazy trails here...some technical ones but nothing worthy of calling black diamomd to someone who might live in a mountainous region. I am under no false pretenses about what to expect out of the Proflex- just a solid riding bike that will be fun to take out, but definitely not comparable to something modern.

I love my CDale, and while it has low end components, it shifts, it moves, it stops just fine. That front fork though....that is the one thing I am absolutely not a fan of. I wonder if I can change out the springs on it for something stiffer? Once I finish my proflex build, I think saving for a new mid level fork is going to be the next project.