View Single Post
Old 02-26-15, 06:51 AM
kbarch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by reggieray
It's a relatively small portion of the riding population that has to worry about overtraining. Most people go into these things significantly undertrained.
Mind if we expand the discussion a bit?
Not two-a-days, but I have been wondering about how effective it might be to train hard on two consecutive days - both Saturdays AND Sundays the next few weeks. Except in winter weather like we've had lately, I would typically ride about every other day, pretty much "training" on a casual basis. But I've signed up for a dedicated training program on Saturdays, and the Gran Fondo New York has group training rides on Sundays that I've enjoyed and would like to also participate in. The Saturday program, they make a big deal of NOT riding on Friday, and following up with a recovery ride and training through the week. Well, Sundays would decidedly NOT be recovery days. Is this merely a difficult challenge, or is it a bad idea, and should I just chose one of the two days for hardest training, and keep things spread out more through the week?