Old 03-06-15, 02:07 PM
CroMo Mike 
All Campy All The Time

Bikes: Listed in my signature.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 63 Posts
I've lived in Richmond most of my life. Like most cities, Richmond has something for everyone and a few places where you might not want to buy a house. For the past three decades I've been in Short Pump (a quiet suburb on the western edge of the Richmond area). I used to ride with RABA. My wife and I have been looking for a better place to retire to but haven't found anything that meets her expectations. I can't give any job market advice since I'm retired and haven't had to look for a job in many years. A lot of new houses are being built and sold, which suggests that the jobs are out there. Road riding is good if you stay off the fast roads. City streets are also pleasant to ride. Sorry to say there are still a few drivers around here who don't think bicycles belong on public roads.

I also take advantage of the whitewater rapids through Richmond. I advise going with a group and taking the training class, and learning to roll, if you intend to try the downtown section (Hollywood, the Levee, Second Break, and Pipeline).
1988 Pinarello Montello, 1990 Masi Nuova Strada Super Record,
1995 Bianchi Campione d'Italia, 1995 DeBernardi Thron

Last edited by CroMo Mike; 03-06-15 at 02:12 PM.