Old 03-09-15, 04:51 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by sail
I believe the Super Corsa was more on equal with the Paramount in the Gitane line of the early 70's with all Campy except Mavic center pull brakes and with sew ups. I sold mine last year for $450 on Ebay but it was beat up and repainted. I think same 531 frame but with Simplex? drop outs, not Campy. TDF more like PX10, is a nice bike if it suits you. Agree, with others, $300 is probably top $, frames not quite up to finish of other manufactures, decal stickers fell off, French threads. Zefal pumps look better than they work.
My memory of the early 70's is pretty fuzzy. Geeeez, I wonder why? I rode a 72 model PX-10 myself. Had friends with Gitanes, Falcons, Paramounts, Bottechias. Top of the line bikes didn't seem to be out of reach of ordinary folk back then. I can't remember how much I paid for that PX-10. But, it seems like it was somewhere between $250 and $500. Paid in advance and received it in a box from the bike store dealer. You're right about the Paramounts from that time period though. They were the best of the best. Beautifully finished bikes. Schwinn Bike dealerships were really magical places back then. Ahhhhh, the memories!