Old 03-17-15, 01:37 PM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadoninja View Post
Actually there is a performance cycle in the area. I am going to rush over there after work and show them the pictures of the bike I am looking at and ask them what they can do for me. If they find one of the bikes you are referencing then I will probably go that route. If they don't have anything comparable, I will go take one last look at the used rental bike and decide if it looks good enough for a purchase.
Check out the Fuji Nevada if you are a male or the Lea if you are a female. GT has the Timberline there as well. I am not sure if you are male or female but either way Performance has some nice Fuji's or GT's there in your price range with the same Suntour fork and groupset that you were looking at. My wife just looked at the Fuji Lea's when we were there a few weeks ago. I was impressed with that and the Fuji Nevada while looking around.
If you do buy a bike from Performance make sure that you sign up for their club program. I think that it is $20 for the year. If you do, you get 10% back. Thus for $20 membership you get $44 back in points. Thus, you can pick up a helmet or whatever. It is a pretty good program. I always buy small things there so I have never joined but I probably should because I know that I spend more than $200 there this year.
Good luck.

Last edited by Shuffleman; 03-17-15 at 01:46 PM.