Old 03-17-15, 02:35 PM
Shadoninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
wondering how long your commute is and compare and contrast the usages for commuting to trail riding, which questions the type of bike you are focusing on. meaning if you'll be commuting on paved surfaces more than weekend trail riding, then maybe a road bike is in order. nothing wrong with getting 2 bikes :-)
30 miles a week in commuting. I plan on riding at least once a week on trails though (on or near the mountains). I would get two bikes, but I don't want to drop the money just yet. The ride to work isn't bad at all. I just want to make sure the bike I posted is worth the $500 price range. Other users suggested similar bikes, and I am fine with looking at those too, but I need to just pick something. I have been waiting a month to pull the trigger! I'm itching to ride so badly. The frame on that bike in my original post is definitely beat up. The mechanical parts seemed to look awesome (the plastic cover on the gear visualization was broken though). Again, I don't really know how to judge if the pieces on the bike looked good besides saying "ooo that looks shiny!"