Old 03-19-15, 05:09 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,426 Times in 2,533 Posts
Thx for details alathIN! From the pic, I wouldn't have guessed the tires are 32, they don't look unduly wide at all. It would be interesting if you did some personal time trials to test speed on the Viaje vs the Cannondale. I bet aerobars would make a bigger difference than anything else. Maybe some clip-ons?

You say "able to tolerate the saddle in a nose-up position" -- your pics look to me like the saddle is pretty level. It's an interesting point though, I just got a new (to me) saddle yesterday (selle anatomica titanico X), and while searching for the right setup I'm very self-conscious about how it's feeling, and I did notice that when I get into the drops or even the hoods (vs up top), I get a little bit more nose pressure. Maybe that just means I still need to tweak.

So how about sizing? What size Viaje did you get that fits you so perfectly, and what size is your Cannondale? Did you choose a size by test-riding, or did you purchase blind? How tall are you? I'm 6' and riding a 60cm crosscheck right now.