Old 03-23-15, 08:45 AM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
Originally Posted by daf1009
Wow...finally met "one of those guys"...while I congratulate you on the bike, not on the method of purchase. This is what makes Craigslist the "evil list of Craig"...put yourself in the other guy's shoes...he thinks he has a deal with this seller...time to meet, etc. And then..."oh, I can be there 5 minutes sooner, so I am going to swoop in and purchase this..." While the other guy is driving to the meeting place to purchase...I have been that guy...have everything set up and then someone swoops in.

"Early bird gets the worm"...sounds like rationalization to me...

I started to say "not to offend"...but...realistically...I find this behavior offensive...so, I guess I cannot say that. Who knows? I may be in the minority here...probably am...and really do not want to start anything, but, having been the guy that was "on the way" when someone else jumped in...it is quite disturbing to see this group "celebrating" doing that...

Who knows who the "other guy" was? Maybe he was someone that wanted to get back into cycling, or get into to begin with...and now he has to start over...maybe he doesn't because of frustration. On the other hand, maybe he was the "dreaded flipper"...but who knows?
Meh, it happens all the time. Its craigslist. I have been on my way many times and gotten a call or shown up and the bike is sold. At the end of the day, they are a bunch of old bikes. If you get snaked, its just the universe's way of evening things out. When you get a great deal and the seller undercharges the current market value do you throw more money at them? Most don't, me included!