View Single Post
Old 11-03-05, 11:25 PM
Ink

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rev.Chuck
Why did you not just buy the Hummer and take the decals off? That would truly be sticking it to Montague. As well as being far cheaper than a repaint and faster to boot.
'Cause I did not want the Montague folks to believe that somebody would actually *buy* a bicycle named after that evil blight. I'd like them to look at their sales stats and go "Whoa, all of our Hummer models went unsold! What a stupid, clueless mistake *that* was!"

But I'm something of an idealist.

By the way. assuming a puncture with an insert of more than .5mm, a "puncture resistant" tube will last about a day longer than a standard tube. I tell my customers to not waste the money but I do stock them.
I am not sure of your point. If I came into your shop and ordered a bike with "thornproof" tubes, it sounds like you might try to convince me to save my money. It doesn't sound as if you would take the money for the thornproof tubes and put in generic tubes, does it?

Let it go. I tend to hold onto this kind of stuff myself and it just is not worth the acid reflux.
Well, posting on this BBS is free so far, so I guess I could consider it cheap therapy. Almost like a cheap pack of Tums

Go look at the Giant folder, the HalfWay, nice bike.
Not necessary. I have this reasonably nice Kline that I bought....pedalled to work today as a matter of fact and that front disk did *great* in the soaking Seattle wet.

Having known many people that owned boats, I loved this line: " I am living on my boat, though, to save $$$."
If you happen to own a 35 year-old sailboat and are living in a 2-room apartment, when you get laid off one way to save money is to have a yard sale, ditch the apartment, and go live on the boat

It's true!

(but I can't deny the old "hole in the water" saw.)

Last edited by Ink; 11-03-05 at 11:29 PM. Reason: dangling participal