Old 03-30-15, 02:46 PM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by InTheRain
I understand that you have a job to do. However, I think you are putting your job above the law and the safety of others. So, when a cyclist smashes into the back of your truck that is illegally parked who will be getting sued? You, your employer, the customer, the city... for putting a bike lane in a delivery zone? I have a feeling that if that situation occurs, it will cost you a lot more than your job. I hope your employer has deep pockets. If your employer is asking you to break the law to get the job done, it might be be time to look elsewhere for work... they aren't ethical... unless, of course, you are in agreement with that policy... then you too are unethical - a perfect fit... asking for trouble.

ABF freight? Thanks... I've used them many times - not anymore. You can tell your employer that a customer just left because your company feels they are entitled to breaking the law. If you're going to park, you have an obligation to put up warnings and cones long before a cyclist comes up on your truck. It doesn't sound right that you are delivering pallets of goods to a business that doesn't have a loading zone or loading dock.
No company would officially condone anything illegal, the driver always takes the blame. I wish it was a perfect world, but its not.