View Single Post
Old 04-02-15, 12:35 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked 1,975 Times in 565 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
After riding this bike (a 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite), and then comparing it to a Trek 7.x, the Trek DS series, a Giant, several mountain bikes, and hemming and hawing, I pulled the trigger. Whoever said ride lots of bikes until one sings to you was right - I tried to find something cheaper that would do; I tried other brands and other (closer) LBSs, but I kept coming back to College Cyclery in downtown Reno (four LBSs away from me). I even rode three Sirrus models, but only this one seemed "just right." Only "upgrade" was to swap out for bar-ends.

Took a short maiden voyage downtown. The shot you see below is on a bridge that crosses the Truckee River.

The bike is a blast and I finally feel like I'm really back in the saddle again. I'm keeping Mrs. Jones (the Masi) because she's my one true love, but this little sweetheart will be a perfect transition bike back into cycling. The Globe is on Craigslist.

Sweet looking flatbar ... I love the color!