Old 04-10-15, 07:30 AM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Nashbar shipped out the fork yesterday. Looks like it won't be here until Tuesday evening sometime. Meaning it would be Wednesday before I could get it to the LBS to get it swapped out. I think at this point I'm just going to ship the bike back. My patience has run out with it and all of the issues I've been having with it. I'm tired of hauling it to the LBS for fixes.

So yesterday, I traded in my Secteur yesterday on a 2015 Specialized AWOL, just the base model. My LBS made me a trade offer I couldn't refuse. Immediately upon riding the AWOL, it felt like a much more solid bike than the Nashbar. Nothing jumped to mind making me think, "I gotta fix that." I can't tell a difference in the Sora and Tiagra drivetrains between the two bikes. In fact, they both seem to shift as well as my 5700 105's. I didn't weigh them, but just going on feel, the Specialized feels a fuzz lighter.

This morning, I put on my pedals, seatpost, saddle and some 28 tires and took it for a spin. It feels like a really solid bike. Stops on a dime. That's something I struggled with on the Nashbar. Just feels like an overall better bike. I'm planning on taking it for a long ride in the morning to see if I dig it after that.

Hoping to get a box from my LBS to pack up the Nashbar and ship it back. Really hoping they honor their return policy.