Old 04-11-15, 06:42 AM
westgl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Review of Unboxing the 9FS bike.

Upon unboxing the first 9FS, first thing I noticed was a Chip in the Paint on the top of the hinge the size of my little finger nail.

NOTE: First off, I will Review Downtube's Customer service on the Paint Issue I am Having while unboxing the bike.

This was right out of the Box, and the way this Bike is Boxed, and the bike is folded it could NOT have occurred in shipping.

I took a picture of the Paint chip, it is on the top of the Hinge, and Very obvious on the Bike, I then sent it to Yan owner of Downtube bikes.

Here is where the Customer Service (If you can call it that) problem started, he said for me to buy some nail polish to fix a POWDER coat paint problem.

After I sent him a "this is Not acceptable" reply he tells me it is not his problem.

So I ask him If you buy a car that has a chip that is proportional in size on the hood of the new car, and you talk to the manufacturer to fix it and they tell you to put nail polish on it good luck finding a exact match and then say it your problem.

Beside I should Not Have to fix a OUT OF THE BOX DEFECT.

Downtube should Honor their warranty.

So this tells you about Downtube and Yan's the Owner of Downtube and their lack of Honor and their Warranty.

That is NOT good or any Customer service at all.

A warranty through Yan and Downtube for any paint related issues isnt going to happen.

and lets face it how many defect occur in the Very Imprecise Chinese Manufacturing process.

Last edited by westgl; 04-11-15 at 06:46 AM.