Old 11-05-05, 12:36 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
First Trip For Folder-Suggestions?

Well, I am a bit ashamed to admit that I never fully explored my native region of Southern California. I am planning to visit a off shore island about 20 miles off the coast of California named Catalina. I have never been there. It is advertised as a cyclist's paradise since large motor vehicles are extremely restricted. I am going between November 20-January 30 weekdays only (off season).

Does anyone have any suggestions about what to expect when I arrive? Is my 2003 Dahon Boardwalk S1 now a modified three speed a good choice to take with me or should I rent a bike there? If you went to an island for a visit (even if it is not Catalina), what did you do there and did you ride a bike? I am staying within the city limits. I will be using all public transit from my house to the island.

Even though I know that this forum is not a travel agency, I felt that this trip still helps to illustrate several important bicycle issues. I always felt bad about leaving my Boardwalk behind when I had a nagging feeling that maybe this is the time to really enjoy the bike beyond just for commuting or utility use. Thank you for all your ideas on this subject.