Old 04-12-15, 05:34 PM
Buffalo Buff

Bikes: 2015 synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OP, no one brought up glasses yet. Have a comfy pair of sunglasses for fair weather riding, and some clear safety glasses for overcast days and night rides.

Lights are a must. If you look at the brand Axiom on Performance Bike's website, I've had good luck with them. You can find brighter, more expensive lights, and cheaper ones that may or may not do a good job, but these Axiom lights have been working great for me. Alternatively you can mount a traditionally shaped flashlight to your handlebars, but its inconvenient taking it off the mount, swapping batteries etc. over time.

Originally Posted by ps249
Get your self a good floor pump for around $55 that has a nozzle that is interchangeable between Schrader and presta vlaves. I find the higher end pumps better than the $15 pumps at Wlamart- those things rarely lasted me one whole year. I have the Bontrager Turbo Charger- awesome pump that has lasted me 6 years strong now and still going..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox6rTTPTvRg
I got a 20$ pump from target with a PSI indicator and it fits both valve types. Works great. No reason to drop 50$ on a bike pump IMO. You can get electronic car tire pumps for less than that, something as simple as a manual bike pump can be produced for well under 50$.

Originally Posted by oldnslow2
Everyone that is serious about riding wears a helmet
Not true.