View Single Post
Old 11-05-05, 08:57 PM
Travelinguyrt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NZ in Jan/Feb06, Spain in May06

I'd like to get some feedback from folks who have been to either New Zealand and /or Spain within the past 2 years or so

A bud and I are planning to go to NZ in JanFeb 06, 4 weeks probably and I'm going myself to Spain in May06

My traveling bud is an all out camper/climber/outdoors man and we both have climbed Kilimanjaro, did safari recently, so we would like to do more camping than hostels and BnBs

I plan to do the camping thing in Spain to stay longer and cheaper

Reasonable for us to do both North and South Islands in 4 weeks on bikes??

In Spain I plan to fly into Madrid and stay there 5 days to do the museums, then hook a train to Barcelona for prob 5 days then ride the coast to Gibraltar and Tarifa then trip over to Tangers maybe 2 days but do the historical cities along the way plus the white towns, no time limit for me in Spain. I know Spain can be "touristy" but I'd really like to get away from that area, why I'm trying now to wrap my tongue around learning Spainish

I'd appreciate any personal fav places anyone has visited in either of these places.

I have a lot of info from both the NZ tourist office, plus a good cycling guide for Spain ,and Lonely Planet guides

Take bikes or buy there? Don't want to rent either place and we both prob would donate the bikes bought locally to a charity when finished
We both have mid level TREKS and there are good priced bikes available in Europe which might relieve shipping concerns

I appreciate any and all info