Old 04-22-15, 08:43 AM
darth_mallen

Bikes: Felt B12 Tri Bike, Vilano EDGE Single Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MNBikeCommuter
Yes, you figured it out correctly. :-) I was trying to track down the RT2000 in bikepedia without success, curious about the components. This one has a quill stem but the specs I was seeing was saying 1 1/8" threadless. My guess is that this one is an 8-spd, which would be very usable. I'd also guess that the bike hasn't been used all that much with respect to component life, so there'd be little chance of needing any immediate upgrades. The frame quality makes the bike very upgradeable for future desires. I've got an '01 RT1000 with 18k miles on it and original components, so I'm a little biased toward the Cannondale. I'd say go check it out. If you don't have a bell, that'd be the first accessory I'd add. It makes riding the Greenway and Cedar and Kenilworth and other trails a little easier. :-) (Most of my daughter's and my riding are on the road, but every once in a while we join the "lessers" out on the trail until we get our fill of erratic traffic. :-)
Thanks for the info! I'm most excited about the RT2000, we're going to test ride it this weekend to see how it feels. The owner said it has "XTR shifters, shimano cranks, Suntiur dérailleur, built by Terry Osell" which makes me think it may be a custom build on the Cannondale frame.

Very true on the bell! Other bikers have been very gracious to give us room for wide tandem turns in the past. We mostly stick to the trails (so many!). If we start touring I think we'd stick to some of the trail-to-trail systems. We're pros at straight and flat, haha.