View Single Post
Old 04-25-15, 08:25 AM
Pogliaghi

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Citoyen du Monde View Post
My late 1977 SC. The bike was custom-built for the original owner after Cino took his measurements. The bike was built up like Cino wanted since the owner said that he would accept whatever Cino thought was appropriate. Many seemingly unique features on what must certainly be one of the very last frames where Cino was personally involved in the build process. This is NOT a stock frame, nor a stock build.

Radial front wheel built with special "ridotto" rims and early Phil Wood hubs (Cino was the distributor for Italy of Phil Wood parts.) Frame built for 175 mm cranks (came with two sets of pedals: one set of Campagnolo Superleggeri and another set of Cinelli M71's). First generation 1R stem. Chainset with light drillium treatment. Universal brakes (the model had just come out in 1977). It also has a proper Super Record twin bolt seatpost, not the later Nuovo Super Record seatpost with single bolt.

Since it is far too small for me, I have often thought of selling it but then always change my mind.
Very nice Cinelli SC. I also have a 1977 Cinelli and what is interesting is that although serial numbers for these bike seem to be all over the place, that is not the case for the year 1977! It seems that all frames built in 1977 have s/n beginning with 7 followed by a period. My bike is hanging in the garage at the moment and I cannot give you the exact number but it does start with 7.xx. The interesting thing to note about your bike is that it has brazed cable guides. This must have been very close to the beginning of this practice for Cinelli and the SC. My frame does not have the braze-on guides.