Old 04-28-15, 03:21 AM
Celika

Bikes: Raleigh Maverick '15, Dahon Speed D7 ~2007, and a lot :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@Bruce that was one of my 1st idea, with a thread on the hole to make an extractor, but the top of the hinge is cambered (not easy to drill on that...) and the cromo is hard to drill. And I fear that could weakens the frame.

@cpg: the pin is not totaly free, it need some help to move or rotate (press on it, tap on or shake the frame). I don't think it could remain a blur into the hole, but your idea that the pin could be bent and block is good. It's a ~8mm pin, light enough for the main axle of the frame... It could be not easy to access to weld something on it too, I plan to but a metal rod on the "-" of the welding machine, cause the pin is not accessible, and make some points of welding between the rod and the pin, it should be enough strong to pull it in a vise.

By using a drill press you mean destroy the pin or try to made a thread into it ?
An other possibility is to cut the pin in 3 parts, using a very thin saw blade between the bushings, but do that without damage these last seems to be rather impossible...